“It’s Monday morning and George walks out of the front door to his car and a flat tire. But this is the least of his problems. His home life is in shambles and his team at work is in disarray… Forced to take the bus to work, George meets a unique kind of bus driver and an interesting cast of characters who, over the course of two weeks, share the ten rules for the ride of his life. In the process, they help him turn around his work and his life, saving his job and marriage from destruction.”
All of us face challenges and every person, organization, company, and team has to overcome negativity and adversity. No one goes through life untested and the answer to these tests is positive energy. The same is true here at Maquoketa. When you are tested against the words and actions of the negative people what is your response? Do you agree and continue with the negative energy? Or, do you use positive optimism, enthusiasm, purpose, and spirit that defines great people and their dreams?
As we close in on the end of the first quarter of school, I lay out a challenge to our staff, students, and community. When your job, school, or just life in general seems to be sucking the life and energy out of you, make a positive choice. A choice to get on the energy bus and fuel your life, work, and TEAM with POSITIVE ENERGY! Together we can do it. Let’s keep the energy bus rolling all year long!
10 Rules For The Ride Of Your Life
1) You’re the driver of your bus
2) Desire, vision, and focus move your bus in the right direction
3) Fuel your ride with positive energy
4) Invite people on your bus and share your vision for the road ahead
5) Don’t waste your energy on those who don’t get on your bus
6) Post a sign that says NO ENERGY VAMPIRES ALLOWED
7) Enthusiasm attracts more passengers and energizes them during the ride
8) Love your passengers
9) Drive with purpose
10) Have fun and enjoy the ride
(excerpts taken from the book, The Energy Bus, by Jon Gordon)