Classes begin August 23, 2016 and we’re looking forward to another great year!
2016-17 Registration Dates for all Attendance Centers:
- Monday, August 8, 2016 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.- Grades K-12 at Maquoketa High School
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.- Grades K-12 at Maquoketa High School
High School is located at 600 Washington St., Maquoketa
NEW THIS YEAR…..NO MORE PRINTING OF FORMS!
YOU ARE NOW ABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION COMPLETELY ONLINE AND MAKE PAYMENTS FROM ANYWHERE YOU HAVE INTERNET ACCESS. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION ONLINE BEFORE AUGUST 8TH, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE OPEN HOUSE REGISTRATION AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE JULY 20, 2016 – AUGUST 10, 2016.
There are 3 ways to register online:
WARNING: Internet Explorer is NOT SUPPORTED when using Infinite Campus. Please use another browser when registering your student(s) online. MCSD suggests: MOZILLA FIREFOX, GOOGLE CHROME, OR SAFARI. Using Internet Explorer could result in errors including not allowing the application to be submitted.
- Parents of RETURNING STUDENTS may register through your Parent Portal account by clicking on this link. Click this link to log into your Parent Portal account to verify information and complete the online registration process. If you do not remember your password you are able to reset your password by clicking on “Forgot Your Password” link available on the Parent Portal. If you do not have a Parent Portal account or have forgotten your user name, contact the Central Administration Office at 563-652-4984 for assistance. Once you have completed registration you may pay your fees online through Payschools (once you submit your registration online a link will be provided). All convenience fees will be waived.
- Parents of NEW STUDENTS should contact Central Office at 563-652-4984 to set up an appointment and/or attend open house registration at the High School on August 8th and August 9th between the hours of 11 am – 7 pm.
- For parents unable to access the internet, computers will be set up at the High School at 600 Washington Street on August 8 and August 9 between the hours of 11 am – 7 pm for you to use. Staff will be available both days to assist you.
Note: If you are a parent of an incoming 7th grader from Sacred Heart or Delwood and/or a 9th grader from Andrew you will need to register your child/children as a returning student using the Parent Portal (option 1 above). Please contact the Central Office at 563-652-4984 to obtain your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account information.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS & PARENTS: Schedules are now available to access on the student/parent portal. Please note that schedules are subject to change in the coming weeks as School Counselor’s balance out classes. Schedules are not final until the 1st day of school. If you have questions or concerns on your schedule please contract the High School beginning on August 2nd to make an appointment.
PRE-SCHOOL & KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS: You do not need to come to registration at the High School. If you have not already registered, please contact Jan Wagner at the Central Administration Office at (563) 652-4984.
FREE & REDUCED FEDERAL MEAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS: If your family qualified for free or reduced meals in the 2015-16 school year, the fee waiver will automatically be applied to the 2016-17 Book Fees. This qualification will remain in effect until October 4, 2016. New applications for the 2016-17 school year will be mailed to each household at the end of August 2016. The application must be returned prior to October 4, 2016 in order to verify qualification for breakfast and lunch assistance for the remainder of the 2016-17 school year.Failure to return the 2016-17 Free and Reduced Application form by October 4th will result in your status being changed to full pay. Any change of status with newly submitted forms will be effective with the date of verification.
Activity Ticket for 2016-17 cost is $50.00. (Fee Waivers do not apply to Activity Tickets.)
Please Note: If you wish to purchase an Activity Ticket, please use the link below. Tickets may be picked up at the High School on August 8th and 9th from 11 am – 7 pm and/or from the High School Office once school is in session. Click here to purchase a 2016-17 Activity Ticket online via Payschools – convenience free is waived during the months of July & August. You may either log into PaySchools to pay electronically or pay when you pick up the ticket(s) at the High School.
The District respectfully requests payment of fees, activity ticket and negative lunch account balances before the first day of school, August 23, 2016. Payments may be made electronically via PaySchools or during on-site registration.
If you have any questions, please call Maquoketa Schools Central Administration Office, 652-4984.
Book Fees for 2016-17 school year are as follows:
Full Price Fee: Reduced Rate Fee
Pre-Kind. – Grade 5 $30.00 $15.00
Grades 6 – 8 $45.00 $22.50
Grades 9 – 12 $50.00 $25.00
Meal Prices for 2016-17 school year are as follows:
Elementary: $1.80 $2.45
Middle School & High School: $1.90 $2.55
Adults: $2.50 $3.60
2nd meal cost for all students: $3.45
Single Milk $.45 per carton
Registration Links to Information and Policies:
2016-2017 School Supply Lists
Open House Information:
Briggs Elementary Open House: Monday, August 22, 2016; 4:30 – 5:45
Cardinal Elementary Open House: Cardinal August 22, 2016; 5:00 – 6:15
Middle School Open House: Thursday, August 18, 2016 from 5:00-6:00 PM parents & students are invited to take supplies to their locker