Classes begin August 23, 2017 and we’re looking forward to another great year!
2017-18 Registration for all Attendance Centers will be on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.- Grades K-12 at Maquoketa High School
High School is located at 600 Washington St., Maquoketa
REMINDER: YOU ARE NOW ABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION COMPLETELY ONLINE AND MAKE PAYMENTS FROM ANYWHERE YOU HAVE INTERNET ACCESS. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION ONLINE BEFORE AUGUST 8TH, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ATTEND THE OPEN HOUSE REGISTRATION AT THE HIGH SCHOOL.
ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE JULY 17, 2017 – AUGUST 8, 2017.
WARNING: Internet Explorer is NOT SUPPORTED when using Infinite Campus. Please use another browser when registering your student(s) online. MCSD suggests: MOZILLA FIREFOX, GOOGLE CHROME, OR SAFARI. Using Internet Explorer could result in errors including not allowing the application to be submitted.
- Parents of RETURNING STUDENTS may register through your Parent Portal account by clicking on this link. Click this link to log into your Parent Portal account to verify information and complete the online registration process. If you do not remember your password you are able to reset your password by clicking on “Forgot Your Password” link available on the Parent Portal. If you do not have a Parent Portal account or have forgotten your user name, contact the Central Administration Office at 563-652-4984 for assistance. Once you have completed registration you may pay any fees and make lunch deposits directly through your Parent Portal account. All convenience fees will be waived.
- Parents of NEW STUDENTS should contact Central Office at 563-652-4984 to set up a registration appointment and/or attend open house registration at the High School on August 8th between the hours of 11 am – 7 pm.
- For parents unable to access the internet, computers will be set up at the High School at 600 Washington Street on August 8 between the hours of 11 am – 7 pm for you to use. Staff will be available to assist you.
Note: If you are a parent of an incoming 7th grader from Sacred Heart or Delwood and/or a 9th grader from Andrew you will need to register your child/children as a returning student using the Parent Portal (option 1 above). Please contact the Central Office at 563-652-4984 to obtain your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account information.
PRE-SCHOOL STUDENTS: You do not need to come to registration at the High School. If you have not already registered, please contact Jan Wagner at the Central Administration Office at (563) 652-4984.
Student Activity Pass
Student Activity Pass for 2017-18 cost is $50.00. (Fee Waivers do not apply to Student Activity Passes.) If you wish to purchase an Activity Pass, you may add this optional purchase through your parent portal account on the “Payment” tab. Please see detailed instructions attached. Tickets may be picked up at the High School on August 8th and from 11 am – 7 pm and/or from the High School Office once school is in session.
The District respectfully requests payment of fees, activity ticket and negative lunch account balances before the first day of school, August 23, 2017. Payments may be made electronically via your Parent Portal account or during on-site registration.
If you have any questions, please call Maquoketa Schools Central Administration Office, 652-4984.
Open House Information
- Briggs Elementary Open House: August 21, 2017; 4:30 pm – 5:45 pm
- Cardinal Elementary Open House: August 21, 2017; 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm
- Middle School Open House: August 21, 2017; 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Freshman Orientation: Tuesday, August 22, 2017; 6:00 pm
Free & Reduced Federal Meal Assistance Program
If your family qualified for free or reduced meals in the 2016-17 school year, your qualification will remain in effect until October 4, 2017. New applications for the 2017-18 school year will be mailed to each household in August 2017. The application must be returned prior to October 4, 2017 in order to verify qualification for breakfast and lunch assistance for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year. Failure to return the 2017-18 Free and Reduced Application form by October 4th will result in your status being changed to full pay. Any change of status with newly submitted forms will be effective with the date of verification.
Applications will be accepted at any point throughout the year.
If your child(ren) qualifies for free or reduced meals you are eligible for other benefits. If you complete and return the Fee Waiver form, your child(ren) will receive a full or partial waiver of any book fee, instrument rental, roller-skate rental, preschool tuition, and driver’s education fee. Please see Fee Waiver form for details.
Middle & High School Parents
Schedules are now available to access on the student/parent portal. Please note that schedules are subject to change in the coming weeks as School Counselor’s balance out classes. Schedules are not final until the 1st day of school. If you have questions or concerns on your schedule please contract the High School beginning on August 1st to make an appointment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE HIGH SCHOOL NURSE FOR INCOMING 7th and 12TH GRADE STUDENTS:
The Iowa Department of Public Health has made changes to the Iowa Immunization law for the start of the 2017/18 school year. This change requires that all students entering 7th and 12th grade have the Meningococcal vaccine before school starts this fall.
All students entering 12th grade must have proof of having the Meningococcal vaccine before school starts in August, unless the student has a Certificate of Immunization Exemption.
There will be NO grace/extension period for the implementation of this requirement.
To obtain the State required Meningococcal vaccine you may take your child to:
- Your family doctor or health care provider, call and make an appointment today.
- Walk in clinics.
- The Iowa Department of Health, which is usually free of charge, can be reached at 515-286-3798 for appointments.
After receiving the Meningococcal vaccine, the completed immunization record can be faxed to 563-652-5324 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the high school office. Again, this must be completed BEFORE your child can start school in the Fall 2017. There will be NO grace/extension period for the implementation of this requirement.
Registration Links to Information and Policies:
2017-2018 School Supply Lists:
Book Fees for 2017-18 school year are as follows:
` Full Price Fee: Reduced Rate Fee:
Pre-Kind. – Grade 5 $30.00 $15.00
Grades 6 – 8 $45.00 $22.50
Grades 9 – 12 $50.00 $25.00
Meal Prices for 2017-18 school year are as follows:
` Breakfast: Lunch:
Elementary: $1.90 $2.55
Middle School & High School: $2.00 $2.65
Adults: $2.60 $3.70
2nd meal cost for all students: $3.55
Single Milk $.45 per carton
Lunch Menus are coming soon!
Online Payment Instructions
Beginning July 2017, we have implemented a new online payment system and it is now part of your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. This online pay system includes added features such as optional reoccurring payments and/or low balance payments. To make a payment for fees, lunch deposits, or to purchase an optional student activity ticket please access your Infinite Campus Parent Portal and click on “Payments”. Please see the detailed instructions on how to make a payment or to set recurring payments provided in the link below.